The Ukrainian dancer Suzanna Kaic (Charkov) started rhythmic gymnastics at the age of four. After two years, she switched to the Kharkov Ballet Academy, as her grandmother said she ‘always walked on tiptoe’. When she was sixteen, she was invited by a dancing teacher to continue her training at the conservatoire in Vienna.
A year and a half later, Suzanna joined the Ballett am Rhein Düsseldorf Duisburg, where she made her debut as Clara in The Nutcracker, aged nineteen and still in the corps de ballet. This was followed by other main roles, leading to her promotion to soloist and then to principal in 2007.
Suzanna joined the Dutch National Ballet as a grand sujet in 2009 and was promoted to soloist at the start of season 2012-2013. Suzanna has won several international dance awards, including first prize at the Serge Lifar International Ballet Competition in Kiev and second prize at the Premio Roma Danza.
- With Dutch National Ballet since: 2009
- Place of birth: Kharkiv (Ukraine)
- Career with Dutch National Ballet: Soloist (2012), grand sujet (2009)
- Previously danced with: Ballett am Rhein Düsseldorf Duisburg (Düsseldorf/Duisburg, Germany)
- Training: Kharkov Ballet Academy (Kharkiv, Ukraine), Vienna Conservatory (Vienna, Austria)
- Awards: Serge Lifar Competition (Kiev, Ukraïn), 1st 2005, Premio Roma (Rome, Italy), 2nd