Vera Tsyganova was born in the Russian city of Tula, almost two hundred kilometres from Moscow. Following her training at the famous Vaganova Ballet Academy in St Petersburg, Vera danced with the St Petersburg Ballet Theatre and the Israel Ballet. She danced leading roles with both companies, including Myrtha in Giselle. She has been dancing with Dutch National Ballet since 2007, where her exciting debut in the same role in 2009 led to her promotion to soloist at the beginning of 2010. Other soloist roles she danced are Gamzatti in La Bayadere, the stepmother in Cinderella and Manon in La Dame aux Cameilias. In 2011, the Russian dancer gave birth to a daughter, who is also called Vera.
- With Dutch National Ballet since: 2007
- Place of birth: Tula (Russia)
- Career with Dutch National Ballet: Soloist (2010), grand sujet (2009), coryphée (2007)
- Previously danced with: St Petersburg Ballet Theatre (St Petersburg, Russia), The Israel Ballet (Tel Aviv, Israel)
- Training: Vaganova Ballet Academy (St Petersburg, Russia)