Sho Yamada originates from Niigata (Japan). He studied at the Princess Grace Academy in Monte Carlo, Monaco. In 2017, he was named a 'New name to watch' in the Critic's Choice section of the British magazine Dance Europe.
Sho joined the Dutch National Ballet's Junior Company in 2013. A year later, he joined the Dutch National Ballet, where he was promoted to élève, member of the ballet corps, coryphée and, in 2018, grand sujet. In the same year Sho made a surprising solo debut in the role of Basilio in Alexei Ratmansky's Don Quichot. As of the 2019/2020 season Sho has been appointed soloist.
- With Dutch National Ballet since: 2013
- Place of birth: Niigata (Japan)
- Career with Dutch National Ballet: Soloist (2019), Grand sujet (2018), Coryphée (2017), Élève (2014), Junior Company (2013)
- Training: Académie de Danse Princesse Grace (Monte Carlo, Monaco)
- Awards: 2017, 'New name to watch' - Critic's Choice