The Russian Semyon Velichko studied at the Novosibirsk Ballet College in his native country and danced at the Novosibirsk Academic Opera and Ballet Theatre and from 2011 at the Stanislavsky and Nemirovich-Dantshenko Academic Music Theatre in Moscow. In 2015, he joined the Dutch National Ballet, where he started as a soloist. February 2020, Semyon was promoted to principal by artistic director Ted Brandsen, immediately after his striking debut as Count Albrecht in Giselle.
Semyon also danced leading roles in, among others, The Nutcracker, Coppelia, La Sylphide, La Bayadère and Cinderella, and was featured as a guest soloist at various international ballet galas.
- With Dutch National Ballet: 2015
- Place of Birth: Novosibirsk, Rusland
- Career with Dutch National Ballet: Principal (2020), Soloist (2015)
- Previously danced with: Novosibirsk Academic Opera and Ballet theatre (2008-2011); Stanislavsky and Nemirovich-Danchenko Moscow Academic Music Theatre Moscow
- Training: Novosibirsk ballet college
- Awards: Bronze medal, Rieti Ballet competition, Italië, 2014