The Russian dancer Semyon Velichko studied at the Novosibirsk Ballet College in his native country. He danced at the Novosibirsk Academic Opera and Ballet Theatre, and from 2011 at the Stanislavsky and Nemirovich-Dantshenko Academic Music Theatre, in Moscow. In 2015, he joined Dutch National Ballet, where he started as a soloist. In February 2020, Semyon was promoted to principal by artistic director Ted Brandsen, immediately after his striking debut as Count Albrecht in Giselle.
Semyon has also danced leading roles in The Nutcracker, Coppelia, La Sylphide, La Bayadère and Cinderella, among others, and has performed as a guest principal at various international ballet galas. He was awarded a bronze medal at the International Ballet Competition Rieti in Italy.
- With Dutch National Ballet: 2015
- Place of Birth: Novosibirsk, Rusland
- Career with Dutch National Ballet: Principal (2020), Soloist (2015)
- Previously danced with: Novosibirsk Academic Opera and Ballet theatre (2008-2011); Stanislavsky and Nemirovich-Danchenko Moscow Academic Music Theatre Moscow
- Training: Novosibirsk ballet college
- Awards: Bronze medal, Rieti Ballet competition, Italië, 2014